Library Board Meeting tonight at City Hall, 6:30pm
The Library Board consists of five (5) members who are not officers or employees of the city and are appointed by the City Council to four (4) year terms. Members are eligible for re-appointment to a second four year consecutive term (Resolution No. 618). The Board meets monthly on the 4th Tuesday of each month during the evenings.
Duties of the Library Board include:
– Advise the Library Director on policy matters pertaining to the Gladstone Public Library.
– Assist in the formulation of policies for the operation and development of library services and facilities to best meet the current and long-standing needs of the community.
– Make recommendations to the City Council regarding matters as outlined above.
– Recommend to the City Council prospective Board members based upon review of a standard application form and possible personal interview as Board vacancies occur.
– Serve as an autonomous body to represent the needs, interests, and desires of the entire service area of the library.
Library Board Meeting at City Hall
525 Portland Ave. Gladstone, OR 97027